In regard to various matters concerning the Food Processing Industries in India, the Association is duly recognized by the Government as a Nodal Agency and it has close interaction with various Govt. bodies, such as:-
- Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
- Union Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- To seek redressal of the problems of the food industry that impedes their growth and development.
- Union Ministries of Finance, Agriculture, Commerce and Civil Supplies.
- National Horticulture Board (NHB), Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India.
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Development Authority (APEDA), Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India.
- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) & its variations sectional committees on subjects affecting the industry.
- Empowered Committee of State Finance Ministers on Value Added Tax (VAT), GST etc.
- Quality Council of India